The Microsoft Copilot feature was created to enhance productivity and efficiency by delivering intelligent suggestions and assistance while undertaking tasks in Microsoft Word and Excel. To fully harness the potential of this remarkable AI-powered tool, our thorough guide will walk you through the steps of enabling Microsoft Copilot in both applications.
Read Also- How to Access ChatGPT Plugin Store
Read Also- What is the ‘Ask Your PDF’ ChatGPT Plugin?
What is Microsoft Copilot?
Utilizing machine learning and natural language processing, Microsoft Copilot offers real-time support and recommendations for various tasks, including writing, formatting, and data analysis, ultimately streamlining your work and improving its effectiveness.
Enable Microsoft Copilot in Word
To enable Microsoft Copilot in Word, follow these steps:
- Commence by starting Microsoft Word on your device.
- Go to “File” tab located at the upper-left corner.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Options”. You get a dialog box.
- In the dialog box, go to left sidebar and click “General”.
- Under “General”, click on “Editor Options” and select “Proofing”.
- In the Proofing options, mark the checkbox corresponding to “Show Microsoft Copilot suggestions as I type”.
- click on “OK”.
Microsoft Copilot is enabled in Word, and you will get real-time suggestions and assistance as you type and work on your documents.
Enable Microsoft Copilot in Excel
To enable Microsoft Copilot in Excel, follow these steps:
To begin, access Microsoft Excel on your device. Go to “File” tab on top left corner. click “Options” from the dropdown menu. You see a dialog box. Inside the box, navigate to the left sidebar and click “Proofing”. Within the Proofing options section, locate and tick the box labeled “Show Microsoft Copilot suggestions as I type”. Click “OK” button to confirm and save.
Microsoft Copilot is enabled in Excel, and you will get real-time suggestions and assistance as you work with data and perform various tasks in Excel.
How to use Microsoft Copilot
Once Microsoft Copilot is enabled, you can take advantage of its intelligent suggestions and assistance while working in Word and Excel. Here are a few ways you can use Microsoft Copilot:
- Writing Assistance: Microsoft Copilot can suggest alternative words or phrases, provide grammar and spelling suggestions, and offer contextual insights to help improve your writing.
- Formatting Assistance: When formatting your documents or spreadsheets, Microsoft Copilot can suggest formatting options, styles, and templates based on the content and context of your work.
- Data Analysis: In Excel, Microsoft Copilot can help with data analysis tasks by offering suggestions for formulas, functions, and data visualization techniques to make your analysis more efficient and accurate.
- Task Automation: Microsoft Copilot can automate repetitive tasks by offering suggestions and shortcuts, saving you time and effort.
Enabling Microsoft Copilot in Word and Excel unlocks the power of AI-driven suggestions and assistance, making your work more efficient and effective. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can start utilizing the capabilities of Microsoft Copilot to enhance your productivity and achieve better results in your Word and Excel tasks.
Is Microsoft Copilot available in all versions of Word and Excel?
Microsoft Copilot is available in select versions of Word and Excel, particularly those that are part of Microsoft 365 subscription plans. Check the specific version and subscription plan for availability.
Can I customize the suggestions provided by Microsoft Copilot?
Microsoft Copilot learns from your usage patterns and adapts to your preferences over time. While you cannot customize the suggestions directly, the tool aims to provide more relevant suggestions based on your work habits.
Does Microsoft Copilot require an internet connection?
Yes, Microsoft Copilot requires an internet connection as it relies on cloud-based machine learning algorithms to provide real-time suggestions and assistance.
Can I disable Microsoft Copilot if I no longer want to use it?
Yes, you can disable Microsoft Copilot by reversing the steps to enable it. In Word and Excel Options, uncheck the box for “Show Microsoft Copilot suggestions as I type” and save the changes.
Is Microsoft Copilot available in languages other than English?
While Microsoft Copilot’s availability in different languages may vary, it is designed to support multiple languages. Check the language settings in Word and Excel to see if Microsoft Copilot is available in your desired language.